Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Vegan Hanukkah Feast- Serious Latke Overdose


I don't think there has ever been a year I have not been home for at least part of Hanukkah, but this year it falls early and I am still in NYC until next week, when Hanukkah ends. Luckily there will still be Christmas at home (yes, I am one of those lucky people who celebrated both growing up! twice the presents!), but I still wanted to light the menorah and eat some fried potatoes.

My brother had the same dilemma of not being home for Hanukkah, so he came over and we ate. Too much. But it was delicious!

Vegan latkes- with toffuti sour cream and applesauce
...



Broccoli and chickpea casserole from Vegan With
a Vengeance- just to throw some protein and real veggies into the mix...


And chocolate rugelah- because there can never be enough rugelach- even when I make nearly 100 next weekend...

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful - sorry you weren't home for Hanuka - but latkas are also on the menu for xmas eve!
    yjm

    ReplyDelete