Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tabouli, I Think


I was so excited to discover that couscous is pretty much rice that cooks in five minutes.  How amazing is that?!?  I know, I know, it's really pasta, but it's my new favorite "rice."  This is tabouli, I think, which is to say that it is also a recipe from the box (go box recipes!), but it is called Cabash CousCous Salad, mostly I think because that is the name brand of couscous I used.  Tabouli has always been one of my favorite middle eastern food dishes to order out, and I was thrilled to discover that it is so easy to make at home.  I followed the recipe exactly, except for adding the mint because herbs and spicy are a little pricy for a novice like me who is slowly building her pantry.  Following Lindsey's copyright warnings, go check it out for yourself-it's hard to go wrong with this one.  Served with some hummus and pita bread, you've got yourself a great meal in little time at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment