Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mate Tea


It's full-blown fall here in New England, but a hectic pace and huge transition has left me with too little time to make anything worth blogging about despite the abundance of farmers markets and local harvest produce. However, I did recently take a time out to at least see what fall looks like, and during my break I got myself this mate tea. For those who may not know, mate is the national drink of Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay and it has more antioxidants than green tea (196 active chemical compounds vs. 144). While it does have caffeine, it also has plenty of B5 vitamins, making it a good pick me up. The combination of mate and leave-color appreciation made me, well, pause to think about the changing of season and the abundance that is so obviously in the air...

1 comment:

  1. Is that your apartment in the background? It looks lovely - hope things are going well for you!
    xoxo
    RKS

    ReplyDelete