Friday, October 9, 2009

Vegan MoFo Day 7: What I am Having for Dinner- Candle 79 Seitan Piccata- Mofos!!!

A mix of sheer exhaustion combined with the fact I know I am about to go out for lots of yummy vegan food this weekend for my birthday has made me a negligent Vegan MoFo-er. Anyways, technically I don't even own this cookbook, nor have I ever cooked this particular dish myself, but I have had it twice in my life at the restaurant, so I feel that I am an authority.

Cookbook: The Candle Cafe Cookbook: More Than 150 Enlightened Recipes from New York's Renowned Vegan Restaurant
Author(s): Bart Potenza & Barbara Scott-Goodman

Result:
Last time I was home my family and I went out to dinner at a fancy Fren
ch restaurant. The question arose of what everyone would like to have for their last meal if they were about to be executed, and this was my choice. I have made other seitan piccatas for myself (the one from Veganomicon is pretty good), but this is honestly one of the best things I have ever eaten. I only get to go to Candle 79 a couple times a year, but I always order this because it is rich, crunchy, tangy, olive-y, potato-y goodness.

If you don't live in NYC or aren't visiting anytime soon, make this fo
r yourself. I also found the recipe online here, so I you don't even need to buy the cookbook. But seriously, if you are a vegan, you should at least once in your life make the pilgrimage to Candle 79 and have the piccata- it's pretty much criminal not to.

This picture is clearly from the cookbook. I don't have the confidence yet to bring my camera places and take pictures of what I eat like a real food blogger... I know, I am a wuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment